Health & Safety
It is the policy of Guardian surface Contractors Ltd. to carry out its operations so far as is practicable to minimise damage to the environment, to reduce landfill, use recycled products and employ working practices that demonstrate environmental savings.
It is also the policy of Guardian surface Contractors Ltd. that the Health and Safety of all persons affected by our activities has equal status to other business objectives. To achieve this a Management System has been established that fully reflects and embraces the primary objectives of this policy.
As an integral part of business management, every Manager shall be responsible for ensuring adequate resources are made available to achieve this policy and every employee shall support and be fully committed to its implementation.
Guardian surface Contractors Ltd. will:
- operate and maintain a health & safety management system within a management structure, to ensure that all persons working for and on behalf of Guardian surface Contractors are adequately trained, informed, instructed, managed and monitored in order to maintain the highest safety, health & welfare standards, and to continually reduce the Company's accident/incident rate.
- maintain an organisational structure and promote a culture, which encourages full and active participation of all employees in the systematic control of health & safety.
- develop and maintain an effective Health & Safety Management System adequately resourced to implement the Company H&S Policy.
- comply with the requirements of appropriate regulations and codes of practice.
- ensure that potential health & safety risks, associated with projects and operations are assessed as early as is practicable, in order to minimise adverse effects and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- implement structured training in health & safety matters.
- regularly monitor, review and audit the H&S Management System and performance to ensure compliance with the Policy and encourage continual improvement in the process.